Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I have a vine plant that has dead roots. I wish to save a clipping of the plant. can you tell me how?

If the plant has dead roots, more than likely your plant is dead and won't generate new growth. If there is any green left on your vine, and your wanting to grow it, clip a section that has a node included. Then place it in water. It should root if the section that you clipped was completely green all the way through.



But, if the roots are dead and there is no green anywhere on the vine, then just dig it up and put it in the compost pile.



It is really hard to answer your question when you don't give specifics as to what kind of vine it is. Is it indoor, or outdoors and what caused the roots to die. Too wet, too dry, did the plant just up and die or slowly turn yellow, then brown, then die? Did an animal chew on the roots, did the plant have a fungus? Lots of questions need answering in order to answer your question.

I have a vine plant that has dead roots. I wish to save a clipping of the plant. can you tell me how?
The previous answer seems to be correct.


No comments:

Post a Comment