Sunday, February 12, 2012

Tell me about Renwood 2001 Zinfandel Old Vine?

I bought a magnum of it at a charity auction. When should I drink it? What do you suggest pairing it with? What is your review of the wine?

Tell me about Renwood 2001 Zinfandel Old Vine?
Renwood are one of the finest producers of Zinfandel. While this is not one of their most expensive ones, I think you'll find it a real treat. Wine in magnums age more slowly than in ordinary bottles, and I think you could enjoy this now or keep it for a further 5 years with no problem.



I suggest pairing it with a steak -- I find Zin and steak make a great pair. And invite some friends to help you enjoy it.



The winery has this info on that vintage and the medals etc it has won -- see http://www.renwood.com/ourwines.cfm?id=6...
Reply:Well, I would decant some of it and see if its drinkable because it's not the best.



If you can't drink it you can cook with it but a magnum is a lot of wine - you can put a cork in it and keep it in a dark closet and make a lot of Coq au vin and beef bourganion - you can make wine jelly too if you are a cooking person.



Oh, put a bunch of it in a pan and simmer for a hour or more to make a wine reduction - great on a lot of dishes and for sauces



Maybe it will turn to vinegar after time and that will be a good thing.

Rubber Slippers

No comments:

Post a Comment