Saturday, February 11, 2012

I just purchased a a sky vine (tumerbervilla). Can anyone tell me how to care for this?

Also, how aggresive is this plant?

I just purchased a a sky vine (tumerbervilla). Can anyone tell me how to care for this?
Hi! I believe the Sky Vine is in the thunbergia family, my aunt had a beautiful specimen growing on an arbor in Califonia (Sacramento area). This particular vine does best in areas where it doesn't get colder than 20 degrees in the winter. It is fairly aggressive and grows around 20' if it is cared for. In colder regions it will die back to the ground but comes up from the ground in spring and quickly. Give it well drained soil but make sure it is kept fairly moist. (no soggy feet) fertilizer in spring can be high in nitrogen, but switch to veggie food or bloom type fertilizer next time you fertilize and cut back on the nitrogen. Too much nitrogen will make the plant grow grow grow and not bloom bloom bloom. A good nursery center can help you pick the right fertilizer at the proper time. I have always had good luck with Lowes Home Improvement stores.



Good Luck, hope this info helped!


No comments:

Post a Comment