Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Do you prefer certified organic, home grown, vine ripened, farmer's market or hothouse tomatoes?

Organic or home grown (which is organic) by preference but I MUST get the goats out of the yard first!!!!!!!

Do you prefer certified organic, home grown, vine ripened, farmer's market or hothouse tomatoes?
I love wandering through a farmer's market. I love talking with the sellers, looking over their produce, making a "deal" if it is late in the market time, it makes us both happy, i get a good price, they don't have to haul it home.



It is a great way to try a lot of "heirloom" varieties. I love a tomato with a strong fragrance.
Reply:To be honest, I love all tomatoes. Actually my favorite are locally grown yellow tomatoes. They are wonderful but I will by organic, vine ripended, and hothouse. My wife grew tomatoes a few years ago but we had a late freeze that killed them. So for now we will stick with buying them I guess. I'm way too lazy to grow any myself. I love tomato sandwhiches best I think of anything you can do with them but I will eat them plain too.


No comments:

Post a Comment