Sunday, February 5, 2012

I have a Jasmine vine i planted against my fence?

it is in the sun all day and will be in a humid climate all summer. Right now it has some yellow flowers on it in places.



How can i care for this plant to be certain it will spread across my fence and it will not die?



I mean how often should i be watering it?



The soil is rocky with sand further down.



I love this plant it is so wonderful and sure would look nice spread along the iron fence.

I have a Jasmine vine i planted against my fence?
The Jasmine you write of is very hardy and will virtually look after itself. If any pruning needs to be done it is usual to do this after flowering. If you wanted to spread this more quickly along your fence, I would take a few un-flowered twigs from it and stick them in the soil along the fence as they will grow very easily in that way. The name of the plant is jasmine officialanis. Mine is in a very dry place against a wall. I never give it any fertiliser or water, but we do have quite a high rainfall in the West of UK. It flourishes almsot like a weed and I am always cutting it back.
Reply:Try some fertilizer and be careful not to over water. Lots of people kill plants with kindness by drowning them. Water only when soil is dry.


No comments:

Post a Comment