Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I have a passion flower vine. How do I get it to produce fruit?

I live on the West Coast of Canada where it is pretty temperate. My friend was telling me they produce fruit in Florida, does it need to have a hot climate? How do you get them to produce fruit? It flowers ok but they just drop off afterwards.

I have a passion flower vine. How do I get it to produce fruit?
Your plant is not being polinated. Plants come in male and female. Chances are your plant may not produce fruit unless there is another plant to fertilize it, like a chicken without a rooster to fertilize the eggs, she will still lay eggs, but they won't hatch. Consult a local greenhouse/nursury for more information about your plant and what it would take for it to produce fruit.


No comments:

Post a Comment