Sunday, February 5, 2012

I have a Jasmine vine covering my fence in the backyard. Can I prune it, to make it bloom again?

It is pretty much done blooming, and I would like it to bloom again this year! Is it possible to prune it, to get new growth, and more blooms?

I have a Jasmine vine covering my fence in the backyard. Can I prune it, to make it bloom again?
There are lots of varieties of jasmine, including one called "star jasmine" that isn't a jasmine at all. They put out lots of growth in the spring, and then bloom like crazy in the summer.



Feel free to prune to encourage new growth, which is generally covered in blossoms. Just be sure that you don't cut off the blossoms that are already forming.



And feed it well.



There are some great tips on this website: http://www.gardenguides.com/how-to/tipst...


No comments:

Post a Comment