Monday, January 23, 2012

There's an Alien looking glob that was on my wild grape vine What is it?

I was out pruning my wild grape vine and found it.



It was the size of a half dollar (sort of - it was to all*over*the*place to tell), light green with mountains bumps on it. It was stuck to the branch of the vine (Soft, not hard wood, thick as a pencil). It was alive inside with moisture?!?



It was gross!!



Was it the egg sack of some bug or was it the mother parisite that effects my grape leaves each year?



(Sorry no way to post pictures and I've since thrown it away.)

There's an Alien looking glob that was on my wild grape vine What is it?
spittle bugs maybe? http://www.ivyhall.district96.k12.il.us/...
Reply:Sounds like an egg sack, hard to say for sure.

May be too late for bug dust now if the grapes are coming on, water and dish soap the vine to remove any bugs, it will help with fungus too.

Good luck

myspace layouts

No comments:

Post a Comment