Friday, January 27, 2012

I have a vine on my fireplace that has gone crazy.?

It goes from one end of the room to the other and is running wild with numerous sprouts and vines everywhere. If I cut this back is it going to completely kill it and how do i cut it back. Please help it is taking over my living room

I have a vine on my fireplace that has gone crazy.?
If it is a broad-leafed plan with a sort of rounded top that flares on either side and goes down to a point, you probably have a very, very happy philodendron. If so, don't be afraid to cut it -- it's extremely difficult to kill a phil. *g* You can even root the cuttings in water, pot them later and give them away as gifts to friends. Or enemies. Ehehehe. They're very prolific houseplants.



It would be great to see a picture!
Reply:You can prune the vine back as far as you like as long as you leave some leaves and only cut at a joint.

The joint will be a slightly larger knot usually where the vine starts a sprout or changes direction


No comments:

Post a Comment