Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Can someone please help me? I have a few questions about Cathedral Bells (Cup-and-saucer vine)?

First of all, I live in zone 5, Ontario Canada. I would like to grow Catherdral Bells up a few trellis and fences, but I have a few questions:

1: Are they a popular plant?

2: Are they a perennial in my area?

3: How fast to they grow? As fast as morning glories?

4: When do I plant, what are some tips on it?

5: Do you buy it as seeds, or as roots?

5: Do most nurserys have this vine? I haven't even heard of it until today!

Thanks in advance!

Can someone please help me? I have a few questions about Cathedral Bells (Cup-and-saucer vine)?
Here are my answers to you... firstly, I am also in USDA hardiness zone 5. Thanks for the reference... it makes answers so much easier.

1. Not very popular. They are not a heavy bloomer in my experience.

2. Not a perennial in zone 5.

3. Slower than morning glory, but still pretty quick.

4. I'd start them from seed, because it's going to be difficult to find as a plant. Start them indoors 2-3 weeks earlier than last frost. They are slow to germinate and I had erratic germination.

5. As seed.

6. I grew it for a couple years at the retail nursery I worked for (in Brighton MI), that is the only place I was aware of it available as a plant. Try a local farm market.



Good luck

I hope that this helps
Reply:http://ca.wrs.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geulESfa5...


No comments:

Post a Comment