Monday, January 30, 2012

Help , I have a pumpkin vine growing in my redbud tree, thought it was a groud vine.?

several pumpkins growning in the branches, would like to let them keep growing how do I support them in the tree

Help , I have a pumpkin vine growing in my redbud tree, thought it was a groud vine.?
If they are not all in locations where you can support them on 2x4's as the other reader suggested, you can tie either nets or fabric around the fruit and hang that from a branch or limb, that should support the fruit just fine. As they get larger, you may have to change out the fabric to compromise for the size of the fruit. Also, this option will have better security against the fruit falling off the vine and out of the tree in a wind or storm. And I would not leave the vine on the tree after you have harvested your fruit, it could possibly overcrowd and smother your tree. And eventually kill it.
Reply:lol...sounds like an interesting problem. Take small boards and lay then across forked limbs to create little cradles to support them while they grow. good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment