Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Alternative vine for Wisteria in zone 5?

I LOVE wisteria- the color, the scent, the show BUT I have only bad recollections from my childhood of them being highly invasive and nearly impossible to "tame" . I am looking for an alternative, preferably a perennial with the same coloring and such. Any ideas appreciated!

Alternative vine for Wisteria in zone 5?
Once you see this vine it will be the only one you want, you will just have to decide which you like best----I have 26 different ones.



They are great climbing or trailing and do not harm other plants , Sweet Autumn has a nice fragrance



http://www.clematis.com/html-docs/homepa...
Reply:Wisteria is unique in its flower shape and scent. Just for looks but no scent clematis are beautiful too. Their growth habit is manageable and some have a much longer bloom time than wisteria. Some have huge blooms and come in all colors.


No comments:

Post a Comment