Saturday, January 14, 2012

Grows in Texas. Has five leaves on stickery vine. Looks like poison ivy. Can anyone tell me what it is?

I live out in the country in south central Texas. My question is about a wild, climbing vine, stickery and is reddish in color. The lfive leaves are green and resemble poison ivy in shape. My neighbor says it is a type of poison ivy, but I don't think so. I always heard that poison ivy has three leaves each and every time. Can anyone tell me what this other vine is? In the fall, these five leaves turn crimson in color. I am unsure now about whether it really is a form of poison ivy or some other type of plant. The woods are full of it, just as they are full of the poison ivy I recognize. Any help would be appreciated.

Grows in Texas. Has five leaves on stickery vine. Looks like poison ivy. Can anyone tell me what it is?
it is poison ivey. poison ivy grows in many forms and the thing you described is definately one of them. it may also be a poisonous creeper vine. if it is around any other plants it will kill them.
Reply:could be a "metal plant" and that thing gets you good it kinda looks like poison ivory... maybe u should post a picture....did u come into contact with it?


No comments:

Post a Comment