Friday, January 20, 2012

Please help! Should I get a Climbing Rose, or a Trumpet Vine?

For starters, I live in Ontario, Canada, and live close to Ottawa. The Rose or the Trumpet Vine will grow in partial shade near a fence that they can overtake. Can some one please give me some pros and cons for both? I would like it to bloom mid to late summer for a long time, and have nice, noticeable blooms. It would be great if it would grow really fast and really big and wide. I know this sounds bad, but I would like it to be invasive. What one should I get, a Climbing Rose, or a Trumpet Vine?

Please help! Should I get a Climbing Rose, or a Trumpet Vine?
get the vine it will look better in the long run
Reply:The trumpet vine will grow much faster than the climbing rose. It that is you primary concern - go with the trumpet vine. And one of it's problems (at least according to most gardeners) is that it is too invasive, it will out-grow most arbors and vine trellis' used with it.

art

No comments:

Post a Comment