Sunday, January 8, 2012

My passion flower vine is vibrant but doesn't bloom. Any suggestions?

This was a house plant that I planted outside in the Spring. The vine is huge but no flowers.

My passion flower vine is vibrant but doesn't bloom. Any suggestions?
The answer to your question lies in your additional comments.

The Passion flower blooms better when it is ROOT-BOUND. This is one of those houseplants which thrives and flowers profusely if its roots have been allowed to crowd in a pot. I would say when you bring it outside next time for the summer, leave it in its pot.
Reply:Get rid of it. It will take over everything. They are a nightmare. Vermin, bees, etc like to hide in them. How to get it to bloom. I don't know, try loads of water and fertilizer, they like that. Seriously though, kill it.


No comments:

Post a Comment