Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My basil has become vine like, is there any way to fix this?

I had been growing my basil for quite a while. Besides the occasional pruning and harvesting, I did nothing more than water it. It seemed to be doing very well and I have gotten alot of leaves off of it, but I am now reading that it isnt good for it to have those white flowers, or to have become vine like. I am now worried about my basil. Is there anything I can do to bring it back to looking more like the traditional basil? Several of the plans seem to be a somewhat wooden look with new growth slowly coming out..

My basil has become vine like, is there any way to fix this?
You did what I just did to mine, I just cut the tops out of all the branches of my basil, basically cut the branches in 1/2. Worked in the past, and will cause the plant to put out new shoots. This will renew the plant and make it bushy.
Reply:Hi:

I have germinated and grown a lot of Basil. One of the best ways to keep your Basil full and continue growing, so to pinch the flowers off. You can dry the flowers and dry them. The flowers dried will give off a great aroma in your house.



Sounds like you have grown Basil for awhile. Technically, Basil is considered an annual, unless you live in a sub-tropical or tropical region. If you have an older Basil plant, it will become woody. I will link you to the spices and herb section on my website. There is some information of herbs and different spices that may help you. I will also link you to the site map, as this page has everything that is on the website. Browse through and see if you can find any other information that may help you with your Basil. Good luck to you and have a great day!

Kimberly



http://www.landscape-solutions-for-you.c...



http://www.landscape-solutions-for-you.c...


No comments:

Post a Comment