Friday, January 6, 2012

Can I still drive down a tie to stake for Concord grape vine?

I have a two year old Concord Grape vine. I have been reading how the vine should be trained to be straight as possible coming out of the ground up to the first wire(upward).

Question: Is it too late to put down a stake of some sort to tie the vine to it. I want to no if the stake would damage the roots? Should I just wait until the deep winter when the plant is dormant? any advice?



Eddie.

Can I still drive down a tie to stake for Concord grape vine?
Grape vines are very hardy. You won't hurt it, but place the stake about 8-12inches from the stalk. You could also put a bit of trellis to one side or around it and let it grow onto it. Grapes are creeping vines, they like to wander.

flowers anniversary

No comments:

Post a Comment