Wednesday, January 11, 2012

When will my trumpet vine bloom?

I bough a trumpet vine about a month ago. Its doing really good. I just stuck it in the ground with some ok soil and watered it, and its grown a lot. But when is it going to bloom? Its about 5 feet high, 4 feet wide. And i like in ontario zone 5.

When will my trumpet vine bloom?
Thanks for identifying your USDA hardiness zone... it really helps. I am also in zone 5.



I have even more skepticism than the previous answerer. It may be several years before it blooms. Mine was three years old and hadn't bloomed yet...



Time is the only sure-fire solution. Try to fertilize with a higher phosphorus (middle number) fertilizer, that may help induce blooming.



Good luck
Reply:It might not bloom this summer. Mine took 2 yrs , even in full sun and great soil ! They can be kinda slow to bloom. Watch where you plant trumpet vine, they get huge trunk like vines and the roots go a good 10-12 feet beyond the plant. I have it popping up all over in my perennial beds, every little piece of root will turn into another vine,even if you have dug it out and moved it ! The flowers are beautiful and the hummingbirds tend to like it too ! Zone 5 too

flowers anniversary

No comments:

Post a Comment