Sunday, January 8, 2012

Transplanting may-pop vine?

There is a maypop vine growing and producing fruit in the middle of my cousin's field. It is so pretty. I wondered if it would be possible for me to take a piece of it and root it?

Transplanting may-pop vine?
I would think it could be rooted; you might want to get some rooting hormone from your local nursery to give it a bit of help.



I haven't heard anybody call the plant a "may-pop" in a long time - thanks for the memory!
Reply:you can dig it up also they do have some growth way out from the roots..I have gotten many "babies" that way.But I was just told the way to root those is by cutting a slit in the vine close to a leaflet, dipping it it in rooting powder and just putting a pot underneath,anker the vine in the pot and it should root. Good luck! And the proper name is Passiflora or passionfruit vine. We have 4 different kinds.


No comments:

Post a Comment